A large organisation like Scouts Australia NSW needs many enthusiastic volunteers and dedicated employees to keep the movement going strong.
From professional staff and advisers, to activity centre managers and event contingent leaders, fresh talent is always on demand. Read on to find out how you can join our team!
If you are interested in volunteering with us please visit our ways to volunteer.
Region Office Manager – North Coast Region
Scouts Australia NSW is seeking to appoint a new Region Office Manager for our North Coast Region. The Region Office Manager will be responsible for maintaining all facets of management and administration at the North Coast Region Office in Alstonville, and promoting a positive image of Scouting in the North Coast Region.
Reporting to the Region Commissioner, the Region Office Manager will be responsible for a wide range of tasks to assist the Region Commissioner, Region Executive Team, State Office and Scout Members in the North Coast Region. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting and actioning all directions of the Region Commissioner and Region Executive Team
- In conjunction with the Region Commissioner and the State Office Communications and Marketing Department, supporting delivery of innovative schemes to attract youth members and Adult Leaders to the movement within the Region
- Establishing and fostering effective communications channels between Region and State Office to ensure successful management of functions and activities
- Providing first line communication to Members and to the general public, answering enquiries via phone and email
- Operating and maintaining the Membership Management Information System (ScoutLink) at Region Office
- Attending agreed Region Meetings, gathering data, preparing agendas and taking and distributing minutes
- Overseeing Leader Training, Adventurous Activities and a wide range of Region Event applications
- Overseeing the proper recording of all Region financial transactions, and coordinating the correct handling of all income and expenditure for Region-based activities
- Assisting with planning and organisation of the Annual General Meeting and other major Region functions
The successful candidate will have experience in an office environment and will be a fast learner, an excellent communicator and be highly organised and technologically-savvy, with a sharp eye for detail.
For a full Position Description, please contact Roselea Hodge on 02 6628 5760 or send an email to email@example.com.
If you believe you are this is the role for you, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Friday 1 December 2017.