A large organisation like Scouts Australia NSW needs many enthusiastic volunteers and dedicated employees to keep the movement going strong.
From professional staff and advisers, to activity centre managers and event contingent leaders, fresh talent is always on demand. Read on to find out how you can join our team!
If you are interested in volunteering with us please visit our ways to volunteer.
National role in Major Events Working Group
Do you enjoy the big events we hold for young people in Scouts? Are you someone who loves organising scouting activities? Can you see the big picture but also keep a sharp attention to the detail? Do people see you as someone who’s great at keeping everyone up-to-speed with what’s going on? Can you see things through other people’s eyes?
If so, we have an amazing opportunity for you.
Just one member from NSW will be selected to join the National Major Events Working Group (MEWG) in 2018. The working group will be made up from representatives from each State and Territory across Australia. It’ll be a small, dynamic and highly effective team.
Click Here to download the Role Description.
Please submit your ‘Expression of Interest’ to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 January 2018. Your ‘Expression of Interest’ should include a summary of why you are interested and your major event experiences, and be no longer than one A4 page.
A selection will be made within one week of closing.
Chief Director - Cuboree 2020
Did you make a New Year’s resolution that involved giving a little more back to your community?
If so, we’ve got an opportunity you don’t want to miss. If you’re a dynamic, positive, inclusive, high-energy individual who is passionate about the power of Scouts to change lives, then look no further.
We’re seeking someone with the energy and flair to lead one of our most important strategic events in 2020. We’re seeking a Chief Director for the sensational Cuboree 2020.
You’ll be able to think outside the box to drive an engaging yet affordable event that appeals strongly to Cub Scouts from all demographics across NSW. You’ll lead a team of volunteers to deliver a wide range of experiences which will generate lifelong positive experiences for the participants.
This milestone event will offer the following components:
- A wide range of opportunities to experience that are typically only available with a large participant base
- Strong links to the Personal Progression Framework elements within the new Award Scheme for the Cub Scout age range
- A creative and unique program that incorporates ‘not-to-be-missed’ events that participants clamour to attend and leaves an enduring memory in their lives.
If you’re interested, please send an outline of why you are attracted to this opportunity and forward it by email to email@example.com Please keep it short – a single A4 page is perfect.
If you know someone who might be attracted to this awesome opportunity, please pass it along.
We’re moving quickly and hope to appoint a Chief Director promptly, offering an immediate start. The successful applicant will join the NSW State Team. This will need to be your only role in Scouting until after Cuboree 2020. If you’re tempted but this hasn’t quite got you across the line, send a note to Randall and he’s bound to convince you to apply.
Expressions of interest close at midnight 18th February, 2018.
Chief Director - AV2021
We’re looking for an amazing volunteer who has something a little extra special in their DNA. If you’re a dynamic, positive, inclusive, energetic person with a passion for Scouts, and an interest in the Venturer section, then look no further.
We’re seeking a Chief Director for the Australian Venturer in 2021, AV2021. It’s one of the biggest events in the national scouting calendar, appealing to Venture Scouts from across the country, and therefore requires some long-range planning.
If you can think outside the box to deliver an event that offers an awesome experience for participants, develop a rewarding and positive environment for the team, while meeting financial, safety and commercial requirements, this one’s for you.
This key event will incorporate the following:
• An experience that is almost impossible to find outside Scouts, focused on Venturer age participants
• Retention of strong links to the Personal Progression Framework elements within the new Award Scheme for the Venturer age range
• A range of affordable, high value expeditions and activities that appeal to the diversity of young people within the Australian scouting community
• A contemporary, ‘headline’ event that participants are clamouring to attend, that they will never forget.
If this sounds like an opportunity you’d like to pursue, please prepare a brief (single A4 page) on why you’re keen, and forward it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you know someone else who might be interested, please pass it along.
We plan to move quickly as the role will start as soon as possible. Please note the successful applicant will be expected to have this position as their only Scouting appointment until after AV2021.
Expressions of interest close at midnight 18th February, 2018.
State Commissioner (SC) Partnerships & Networks
The Deputy Chief Commissioner Growth, Strategy, and Group Support is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic individual to join the State Team.
The State Commissioner (SC) Partnerships & Networks is the volunteer member responsible for:
- Developing strategic alliances at state and national levels – government, corporate and community - to cultivate mutually productive relationships to advance Scouting in NSW and enhance the perception of Scouting
- Working with Scouts NSW regional teams to help create a regional network of contacts and build relationships with potential and significant partners for Scouting
- Assisting Groups and Regions to achieve positive outcomes with external partners and to promote the benefits of Scouting to our partners
- Developing funding sources and other support and resources to help support Scouting and increase membership, providing persuasive arguments and good evidence that Scouts NSW is a worthwhile partner
To find out more and to apply, please read the following Position Description and the Role of a State Commissioner. All applications should be sent to: email@example.com.
Applications close 1 March 2018.
Pioneer Program Mentors
Are you a creative problem solver and an enthusiastic motivator? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative team environment? Are you passionate about Scouting and excited about its future? If so, we’ve got the role for you!
Scouts NSW is looking for Pioneer Program Mentors to advocate the New Youth Program and to work with youth and adults to advance their understanding of the program throughout 2018.
We are building a team of over 100 strong to move the New Youth Program Forward across NSW. Pioneer Program Mentors will provide regular support to Pioneer Groups, keep up-to-date with all aspects of the development and evolution of the New Youth Program, and pass on feedback from the Pioneer Groups to the NSW and National YPR Support teams.
Mentor Training will be provided over a weekend. The current course dates are 9-11 February and 23-25 February. There will be supporting materials before and after the weekend to familiarise yourself with the New Youth Program. This role is open to current Scouts NSW members – 14 years and above.
Applications close Saturday 27 January 2018.
Region Office Manager – North Coast Region
Scouts Australia NSW is seeking to appoint a new Region Office Manager for our North Coast Region. The Region Office Manager will be responsible for maintaining all facets of management and administration at the North Coast Region Office in Alstonville, and promoting a positive image of Scouting in the North Coast Region.
Reporting to the Region Commissioner, the Region Office Manager will be responsible for a wide range of tasks to assist the Region Commissioner, Region Executive Team, State Office and Scout Members in the North Coast Region. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting and actioning all directions of the Region Commissioner and Region Executive Team
- In conjunction with the Region Commissioner and the State Office Communications and Marketing Department, supporting delivery of innovative schemes to attract youth members and Adult Leaders to the movement within the Region
- Establishing and fostering effective communications channels between Region and State Office to ensure successful management of functions and activities
- Providing first line communication to Members and to the general public, answering enquiries via phone and email
- Operating and maintaining the Membership Management Information System (ScoutLink) at Region Office
- Attending agreed Region Meetings, gathering data, preparing agendas and taking and distributing minutes
- Overseeing Leader Training, Adventurous Activities and a wide range of Region Event applications
- Overseeing the proper recording of all Region financial transactions, and coordinating the correct handling of all income and expenditure for Region-based activities
- Assisting with planning and organisation of the Annual General Meeting and other major Region functions
The successful candidate will have experience in an office environment and will be a fast learner, an excellent communicator and be highly organised and technologically-savvy, with a sharp eye for detail.
For a full Position Description, please contact Rosalea Hodge on 02 6628 5760 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe you are this is the role for you, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Applications close Friday 15 December 2017.