The Scout Fellowships are formations of the Scout Association of Australia, NSW Branch. Scout Fellowships may be formed at Group or Region levels.
Fellowship Structure (as per NSW O&I Handbook)
Scout Fellowships will be coordinated by a Branch Fellowship Council, which has the following functions:
- To promote Scout Fellowships and Fellowship activities
- To encourage the development of Scout Fellowships within the Branch.
- To set the standards for Scout Fellowships within the Branch.
- The Branch Fellowship Council will consist of Delegates elected from the Fellowships in the Branch.
- The Branch Fellowship Council will have a Chairman/President, Secretary, Treasurer and other such officers as deemed appropriate.
- Each Scout Fellowship will have a Chairman/President, Secretary, Treasurer and other such officers as deemed appropriate.
The Branch Fellowship Council establishes the rules and standards, and provides support in their management. Each Fellowship manages itself through a committee and ensures that the support it provides meets the ideals of Scouting.
The NSW Branch Scout Fellowship Council (BSFC)
The Branch Scout Fellowship Council is made up with delegates from each Fellowship formation. It currently has the positions of Chair/President, Secretary, Treasurer and Public Relations Officer.
The operation of the BSFC is overseen by the State Commissioner (Adults in Scouting).
The role of the BSFC is to be the focal communications point between the Branch (and other Branch Fellowship Councils) and each formation. The BSFC must approve the formation of each Fellowship and approve Applications for Membership.
Any guidance or information regarding Scout Fellowship can be gained from the “BSFC”. The following is a list of contact names and current positions at the Branch Scout Fellowship Council that are available for any information required:
Phone: 0407 251 615
Phone: 0425 236 617
Phone: 0438 551 994