Training opportunities available to Rovers are the same as those offered to Adult Leaders.
Training and development of adult volunteers is compulsory to ensure that our Leaders have the necessary skills and knowledge to lead young people and other adults.
Training is provided through the Scouts Australia Institute of Training – NSW Campus, a registered training organisation, which is accredited to run qualifications that are recognised outside of Scouts Australia.
Any Member of Scouts Australia who has sufficient evidence can apply for a Recgonition of Prior Learning (RPL) in relation to the following qualifications:
- Certificate II in Business
- Certificate III in Business
- Certificat IV in Leadership and Management
- Diploma of Leadership and Management
RPL Evidence may include aspects of Basic and Advance Leader Training outlined below.
Basic Leader Training
Basic Leader Training is comprised of the following:
- Introductory Interview
- e-Introduction to Rovers
- e-Basic Core
- e-Basic Sectional Techniques Rovers
- e-Learning Basic Outdoor Skills
- Basic Practical Supplement Rovers (Residential Weekend)
- Rover In-Service
- Basic Outdoor Skills Weekend
Advanced Leader Training
Advanced Leader Training is comprised of the following:
- e-Advanced Core
- e-Advanced Sectional Technique Rovers
- Two additional electives of your choice excluding The Patrol System
- Advanced Practical Supplement Rovers (Residential Weekend)
- Wood Badge Project
- Commissioners Evaluation
Once all basic and advanced training is completed, the Wood Badge will be awarded.
Contact our membership hotline on 1800 SCOUTS (1800 726 887) or firstname.lastname@example.org about training opportunities for Rovers.