The Scout Section Award Scheme includes a number of components:
- Scoutcraft Badge – facilitates entry into the Scout Troop and teaches or reinforces basic Scout skills.
- Target Badges – eight targets (campcraft, citizenship, air activities, construction, environment, water safety, emergencies or water activities) that provide the main source of program material and aim to encourage participation and develop basic skills.
- Proficiency Badges
- Patrol Activity Badges
- Cords – there are three cords which can be achieved on the progress towards the top Scout award.
- The Scout Leadership Course - designed to provide suitable leadership skills for Scouts with a practical hands-on approach.
- The Leadership Activity – allows a Scout to demonstrate significant personal development and an active leadership role.
- The Australian Scout Medallion - the ultimate Scout award.