"Participation in Scouting leads to a lifelong association with the outdoors and an active lifestyle."
- Chief Commissioner, Neville Tomkins OAM JP
Scouts NSW is an approved provider of the Active Kids rebate.
Active Kids is a NSW Government program which helps families across the State meet the cost of getting their children into sport and active fitness and recreation activities, such as Scouts! Parents and carers of school-aged children can claim two $100 Active Kids vouchers per child each year. Voucher 1 is valid from January through to December and Voucher 2 is valid from July to December.
Every child (4.5 – 18 years old) enrolled in school from Kindergarten to Year 12 is eligible for an Active Kids voucher. This includes those who are home-schooled or enrolled in secondary school education at TAFE NSW.
Families can apply for and redeem both of their Active Kids vouchers with Scouts! Voucher 1 can be redeemed from January to December, and Voucher 2 can be redeemed from 1 July to December.
Both Active Kids vouchers redeemed with Scouts NSW will go towards membership costs (and the one-off joining fee for new members), ensuring families who want their children to enjoy the Scout program can send their children to Scouts.
How to use your Active Kids vouchers with Scouts
Using your Active Kids vouchers is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Apply for your Active Kids voucher on the Service NSW online portal here. You will need your current Medicare card.
- Download a copy of your voucher.
- Select one of the buttons below to redeem your Active Kids voucher with Scouts and complete the Redemption Process. You will need a copy of your child's Active Kids voucher number, and must write your child's legal name as it appears on Scoutlink, a Medicare card, passport or other official documents.
There are two important things to note:
- If your child is a current member, please ensure you have their Scouts NSW membership number ready when applying to redeem the voucher. If you do not know your child’s membership number, please contact your Group Leader.
- If your child is NOT a current member of Scouts NSW, redeeming their Active Kids voucher does NOT automatically enrol them into Scouting. To make an enquiry or find your nearest Group, please click here. If you have already been to a Group and now want to officially join, you can click here.
General Information and FAQs for Current Members
FAQs for Prospective Members
Group Leaders and Treasurers