This is an exciting career opportunity for a strong administrator to grow into a Personal Assistant position, based in Sydney Olympic Park!
- Great opportunity to grow your career as a Personal Assistant
- Scouting experience would be a bonus!
- Energetic and supportive environment
- Close to Sydney Olympic Park train station
About Scouts NSW
Scouts NSW engages and inspires young Australians to develop confidence, resilience and leadership.
For more than one hundred years Scouts has offered well-established, safe environments that let Australian children enjoy adventures, expand their horizons and become self-sufficient. As Scouts progress through the program, they gain confidence in themselves, and dealing with life’s curves; they acquire problem solving, risk management and leadership skills; and they learn the importance of honesty, integrity and community service.
About the Role
The focus of this position is to provide proactive administrative and secretarial support to the Chief Commissioner of Scouts NSW. You will be working as part of a small personal support team to deliver quality administrative services.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the Chief Commissioner
- Manage phone enquiries, maintain diary, and arrange meetings /appointments on behalf of the Chief Commissioner
- Communicate and generate correspondence with members of the organisation as required
- Event Management – Coordinate and manage events hosted by the Chief Commissioner
- Coordinate meetings and travel arrangements as required
- Prepare agendas and take minutes for the meetings of the Chief Commissioner
- To preparing expenses for the senior leadership team
- Provide personal support to other events organised or attended by the Chief Commissioner
To be successful you will:
- Be enthusiastic, driven and a team player
- Be a confident communicator – have a clear phone manner and excellent written skills
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
- Enjoy building relationships and going above and beyond
- Be organised, be able to prioritise your workload and have high attention to detail
- Have an interest in the Not for Profit sector, a background in Scouting would be advantageous
- Intermediate – Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
In return, you will receive ongoing coaching to develop your skills and experience to grow your potential as a Personal Assistant. Do not wait to apply for this role, if you fulfil the above requirements and are ready to kick start your career as a Personal Assistant, APPLY NOW!
To be considered for this role apply now by sending a covering letter outlining your administration and events experience, skills and attributes along with an updated resume to email@example.com.
To view a copy of the Position Description, click here.
This role is also being advertised through Seek and can be found here.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 27th April 2018.