Scouting offers adults a host of rewarding opportunities to help make a difference in young people’s lives. You’re never too old to join the adventurous life of Scouting, even if you haven’t been involved before.
The personal satisfaction of helping young people to achieve their goals is immense, and your sense of personal achievement when you help them through a hurdle is nearly as strong as theirs! If you’re an energetic person who thrives in a positive, supportive atmosphere and enjoys helping young people be the best they can, then consider volunteering!
There are many ways you can volunteer your time and skills to Scouts Australia NSW, including:
- Becoming a trained Leader
- Participating in the Group Committee of your local Scout Group – be an active member, an office bearer or work for a sub-committee.
- Researching, preserving or interpreting historical records and artifacts for the Memorabilia Centre.
- Volunteering and contributing labour and skills to your local Scout Group, Region Office or the State Office, such as accounting, administration, fundraising, grant seeking, research, and communications, painting, flooring, carpentry, building and boat restoration. Contact your local Scout Group or check the Positions Vacant page for volunteer opportunities
- Joining a formal peer network such as Scout Fellowship.
Want to learn more? Call our membership hotline on 1800 SCOUTS (1800 726 887) or email@example.com about volunteering.