The Insurance Committee is seeking one (1) under 30 years of age committee member.
Reporting to the Scouts NSW Board of Directors, the Investment Committee is responsible for, but not limited to, monitoring and making recommendations in relation the Investment Strategy including the appointment of investment managers.
Scouts NSW recognises and respects the World Scout Youth Involvement Policy to promote inclusion of young people as members. As such, we are seeking to appoint an under 30 years of age member. Candidates must be aged 18 years or older, hold a current Working With Children Check and consent to a police check and background checks.
To be considered for an under 30 years of age position, candidates must:
- Be a current member of Scouts NSW
- Be under 30 years of age at the beginning of their appointment
- Ideally have experience or an interest in in the work of the respective Committee
- Be committed to putting time and effort into the role.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Knowledge and experience (or working towards qualifications) in the investment industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Commitment to putting time and effort into the role
- Available to attend quarterly committee meetings (either in person or by video conference)
- Ability to review and form opinions on investment performance and strategy affecting the organisation
The Investment Committee Member role is an honorary appointment for 3 years.
Committee members are required to attend a quarterly meeting (either in person or by video conference) and may be required to attend additional meetings as deemed necessary or assist on working groups as required.
To apply, you will be required to provide a short statement of up to 250 words outlining why you wish to undertake this role, detail relevant experience or skills that you will bring to the role, and provide a copy of your resume.
Any questions can be directed to the Scouts NSW Chief Executive Office at email@example.com
Click here to complete and submit your nomination form.
Applications close 11 January 2021.