Sign up today!
Scouts in Australia are once again invited to participate in McHappy Day 2017 on Saturday 14 of October. This will be the 11th year of Scouts Australia’s official participation, helping raise money for Ronald McDonald House Charities which support seriously ill children around Australia. All Scouts who participate will be given a commemorative blanket badge.
The McHappy Day collections will take place from 10.30am to 3pm on the day, in shifts of around 1 hour. A maximum of 10 people per shift is recommended. You will be allocated a McDonalds event manager to look after you for the day. They will be able to discuss logistics and other issues with you prior to the day, including making sure where you are positioned is safe and comfortable for all your team.
Register your Group’s participation for McHappy Day on the online form by 11 September: https://form.jotform.co/ScoutsAust/mchappy-day-2017
Did you know?
- The Ronald McDonald House Program: These Houses provide a home away from home for families of seriously ill children being treated at nearby hospitals. In particular, Ronald McDonald Houses provide accommodation to families from rural and regional areas that would otherwise need to pay for hotels during their child’s hospital treatment.
- The Ronald McDonald Family Room Program: The Family Rooms provide a relaxing haven for families within hospitals to have a break from the stress of many hours spent by their child’s bedside.
- The Ronald McDonald Learning Program: Children being treated from serious illness often miss out on school, so to help them catch up, the Learning Program matches kids up with tutors to ensure they don’t miss out.
- The Ronald McDonald Family Retreat Program: The Family Retreats provide families with seriously ill children a week’s free accommodation, enabling them to reconnect and enjoy a break when they most need it and can least afford it.
- The Ronald McDonald Care Mobile: This takes specialised health care professionals to children in regional and remote areas.