The Scouts NSW Board of Directors approved the roll out of Care Monkey for all Scout Groups in NSW. This is a game changer for Scouting in NSW as it will introduce a fully online application for families that will support the local management of medical details. Groups will now be able to manage Scout activities and the permissions to attend through an online, electronic process.
What is CareMonkey?
CareMonkey is a parent-controlled Electronic Health Form (EHF) for organisations with a duty of care. Parents can easily update medical information and provide consent for activity attendance with the click of a button, while providing Scout Groups with the ability to create electronic permission forms and instant access to this emergency information if it is required.
It can be used as an electronic version of the E1 forms that parents and Groups have to fill in for activities, excursions, camps, etc.
What is the purpose of CareMonkey for Scouts NSW?
- Provides Scouts NSW with the opportunity to introduce a standardised, secure and fully audited system to consistently capture and store health-related information.
- Simplifies and standardises event/activity/excursion planning and permissions.
- Reduces the risk of outdated or unavailable information in the case of emergency.
- Allows Groups to initiate, communicate, and manage events electronically.
How will Scouts NSW use CareMonkey to support members and families?
Scout Groups will use CareMonkey primarily to replace current paper-based E1 permission forms saving Leaders and parents time on administration. The CareMonkey application is centred around an Electronic Health Form (EHF) which ‘carers ’ (e.g. parents) create and maintain securely, something which can only be done by the profile owner.
This EHF can be generated for a youth member (<18 years old) or adult member (anyone >18). If it is for a youth member, it’s created and consented to by a parent / primary carer, for adults it’s the individual who provides consent for sharing a profile or attending an activity.
Where can parents and guardians get more information about CareMonkey?
Parents and Guardians can read more about CareMonkey and learn how they can make it a success for their families here.
How does my Scout Formation register for CareMonkey?
Group Leaders can read more about CareMonkey and learn how they can get involved here.
- Simple to use and efficient for busy parents making it easier for children to participate in Group events and activities
- Eliminates the need for a paper based E1 form
- Gives parents and carers the control over the data shared with Scouts NSW
- Spend less time on paper and more time on Scouting.
- Helps eliminate the paper based E1 for most Group-related activities.
- Helps you communicate effectively to your Group
For Scouts NSW
- Helps Leaders and families spend more time on Scouting and less time on paperwork
- Reduces the organisational carbon footprint by encouraging online processes
- Increases data accuracy, auditing capability, and data security