CareMonkey is currently being rolled out for all Scout Groups in NSW, with 82 Groups already on board! This is a game changer for Scouting in NSW as it introduces a fully-online application that supports families with the local management of medical details, and allows Groups to manage Scout activities and the permissions to attend through an online, electronic process.
What is CareMonkey?
CareMonkey is a parent-controlled Electronic Health Form (EHF) designed for organisations with a duty of care, such as Scouts.
Parents can update medical information promptly and accurately and provide consent for activity attendance with the click of a button. CareMonkey’s E-Forms can be used as an electronic version of the E1 forms that Parents and Groups complete for activities, excursions, camps and other events.
What is the purpose of CareMonkey for Scouts NSW, and is the data secure?
At Scouts NSW, the health and safety of our members is something we take very seriously. The privacy and management of this data is critical to Scouts NSW, as it is to our members.
- Provides Scouts NSW with the opportunity to introduce a standardised, secure and fully audited system to consistently capture and store health-related information.
- Simplifies and standardises event/activity/excursion planning and permissions.
- Reduces the risk of outdated or unavailable information in the case of emergency.
- Allows Scout Groups to initiate, communicate, and manage events electronically by creating electronic permission forms.
- Gives Scout Groups instant access to emergency information if it is required.
CareMonkey is designed with users’ privacy and data security as its highest priority. The tool gives parents total control over what information is shared and who can access that information, ensuring only authorised personnel have access to sensitive information such as health, medical and emergency contact details. This shared data is password, code and/or fingerprint protected, firewall protected and stored in an encrypted format to guarantee security at all times.
Who else uses CareMonkey?
CareMonkey is a proven model in Scouting, schools and other associations with a duty of care. It is used widely by:
Scouts Victoria implemented CareMonkey state-wide in 2016 to cover all Groups for activities, excursions, camps and major events, while Scouts Tasmania and Scouts South Australia are both currently conducting a 12-month trial with their Scout Groups.
Organisations also using the tool include the National Rugby League, Waterpolo Australia and Touch Football Australia.
How does Scouts NSW use CareMonkey to support members and families?
Scouts NSW wants to make it easier for Leaders and families to participate in Scouting and is serious about spending less time on administration and more time on fun activities. CareMonkey does this by giving Scout Groups the opportunity to use the tool to replace current paper-based E1 permission forms.
CareMonkey is centred on an Electronic Health Form (EHF) which carers (e.g. parents) create and maintain securely - something which can only be done by the profile owner.
This EHF can be generated for a youth member (<18 years old) or adult member (anyone >18). If it is for a youth member, it is created and consented to by a parent/primary carer, for adults it is the individual who provides consent for sharing a profile or attending an activity.
Who can I contact if I have questions about CareMonkey?
Our Care Champs are more than happy to answer any questions you may have about CareMonkey, and share their best tips for making the most of the tool for your Scout Group. Want to speak to a Care Champ? Let us put you in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Simple to use and efficient for busy parents making it easier for children to participate in Group events and activities
- Eliminates the need for a paper based E1 form
- Gives parents and carers the control over the data shared with Scouts NSW
- Spend less time on paper and more time on Scouting.
- Helps eliminate the paper based E1 for most Group-related activities.
- Helps you communicate effectively to your Group
For Scouts NSW
- Helps Leaders and families spend more time on Scouting and less time on paperwork
- Reduces the organisational carbon footprint by encouraging online processes
- Increases data accuracy, auditing capability, and data security