This page provides useful information and guidance for Leaders and Supporters conducting meetings and fundraisers.
On this page:
Bunnings has developed a detailed guide for running sausage sizzles safely for volunteers and customers during the pandemic. Groups may run sausage sizzles at Bunnings if they are invited to do so and once their representative successfully completes the required training. Each person on the BBQ team must follow their assigned responsibilities on the day as per the Bunnings guide. The insurance certificate remains the same and the generic risk assessment can be found here.
For meetings of adults in the hall, or meetings that include youth and parents, firstly consider if a virtual meeting can be run in preference to face to face. When face to face meeting is necessary, modest gatherings including investitures may be held in the Scout Hall or outdoors with parents and/or other adults. Apply the conditions outlined in your COVID-19 Safety Plan. Notably:
- Hold the meeting outside in preference to inside if appropriate
- Inside, abide by your hall capacity and the current public health order limit (currently 20 plus essential organisers).
- Outside, abide by the current public health order limit in a public place (currently 20 in total). This includes in the yard of the Scout Hall.
- Set-out the furniture to accommodate 1.5 m physical distancing (people from the same household excepted).
- To reduce the risk of exposure for participants sitting in the front row, consider arranging the furniture in a way which prevents the presenter inadvertently ‘standing over’ seated participants while they are talking/projecting their voice.
- Parents should be stationary observers only – no interaction.
- No food service, singing or shaking hands
- Avoid the need to touch shared surfaces eg no ‘communal’ pens; or for investitures, do not to touch the flags, instead keep them in their holders
Christmas Tree Sales
Scouts NSW has developed a sample risk assessment for selling Christmas trees during the pandemic. Pre-sales and cashless sales are encouraged to avoid contact with a larger number of people. Everyone needs to follow hand hygiene and physical distancing rules on the day. The generic risk assessment can be found here.