The Grey Wolf is the highest award a Cub Scout can achieve.
Below is a step-by-step guide for Cub Leaders organising a Grey Wolf for a Cub Scout in their Pack.
- Complete the NSW GREY WOLF COMMENCEMENT FORM at 9 ½ years or when Cub Scout commences the Gold Boomerang.
- Forward this form to your Region Commissioner Cub Scouts OR delegate (usually your District Leader Cub Scouts or Seeonee Leader). This form will be signed by the RCCS or delegate. A copy will then be sent to the parent and another to the Cub Leader while the original will be held to be processed with the Grey Wolf Application.
- Check that Cub Scout has completed all requirements within the necessary time frame.
- Complete NSW Application for GREY WOLF AWARD. Remember, logs are not a requirement of the Grey Wolf Award. Ideally this should take place a minimum of one month before the Cub Scout’s 11th birthday, so the award may be processed and presented at the Pack, before the Cub Scout’s “Going Up Ceremony”.
- Contact your District Leader Cub Scouts to have them sign the form. The District Leader Cub Scouts will then forward the form to the Region Commissioner Cub Scouts. (If you have no DLCS directly to RCCS). This must be done before the Cub Scout’s 11th Birthday. The RCCS will approve the application, this is then sent to the State Commissioner Cub Scouts so the badge, certificate and woggle may be issued.
- Upon receipt of the Award the RCCS or District Leader will contact you to arrange presentation
- Arrange for the Award to be presented. Remember to make it special, your Cub Scout has worked hard for this award!