Introducing the New Youth Program
The New Youth Program represents the biggest and most positive change to Australian Scouting program in 40 years, after the combination of five years of research and investigation through the Youth Program Review (YPR).
With the YPR now over, the NSW Program Transformation and Implementation Team is getting ready to embark on this journey to see every Group in NSW upskilled into the New Program and to share all of the positive experiences of our New Program “Pioneer” Groups.
The New Youth Program fosters the personal growth of each of our youth members, through adventurous, fun, challenging and inclusive programs, and grounds Australian Scouting in the fundamentals on which the Movement was built upon.
All of this is done while keeping young people at the centre and making sure that everything we do is for their development.
We have an exciting journey ahead of us and we cannot wait to see each of our youth members thrive in the New Youth Program!
Get your Group Ready
The first step in your journey to transition to the New Youth Program is to use this checklist to gauge how ready you are to take on the Program.
We want to make sure everyone is as ready as they can be before they transition to ensure Groups have a strong grounding to support the New Youth Program. The checklist also helps you decide when the best time for you Group to transition would be and how you are going to go about this process.
Don’t worry if you can't tick off everything quite yet - just keep on working through it while also continuing to build your excitement for the New Youth Program! We can't wait to see you come on this journey with us, so let’s make sure we are as prepared as we can be for the exciting times ahead!
This is it! It is now time for you to complete your New Youth Program Application! There are a few important questions for you to answer to help us know how to best assist you in your transition, so make sure you take your time and are prepared with the supporting materials outlined on your Readiness Checklist.
We know that you are just as excited as us to come on this journey, so we will endeavour to reach out to you in regard to the progress of your application within 5-7 days – please be patient, we are all volunteers too.
The beginning of your journey to transition onto the New Youth Program is only one application away! We can't wait to hear from you!
Meet the Team
The NSW Program Transformation and Implementation Team has years of Scouting experience - as Youth Members, Section Leaders and in other paid and volunteer positions.
The team is not just passionate about the components of the New Youth Program because of the opportunities that they provide for our youth members, but they have seen them first-hand grow and develop young people in so many different ways. We can't wait for you to come on this journey with us!
Discover Program Components
Groups Currently Implementing the New Youth Program and Groups Who are Next
Frequently Asked Questions
Groups Currently Implementing the New Youth Program (Marked in Green)
- 1st Carlingford Scout Group, 1st Toongabbie Scout Group, 2nd Baulkham Hills Scout Group, 2nd Baulkham Hills Outdoor Rover Unit
- 1st Appin Scout Group, 1st Camden Scout Group, 1st Camden South Scout Group, 1st Fairfield Heights Scout Group, 1st Mittagong Scout Group, 1st Narellan Scout Group, Razorback Rover Unit
- 1st Gosford Scout Group, 1st New Lambton Scout Group, 1st Warners Bay Scout Group, 2nd Orange Scout Group, Kincumber/Bensville Scout Group, Kotara Scout Group, North Lake Macquarie Rover Unit
- 1st Ballina Scout Group, 1st Port Macquarie Scout Group, 2nd Casino Scout Group, Coffs Harbour Scout Group
- 2nd Armidale Scout Group, Inverell Scout Group
- 1st Kooringal Scout Group, 1st Murrumbateman Scout Group, 2nd Albury Scout Group
- 1st Batemans Bay Scout Group, 1st Burrill-Ulladulla Scout Group, 2nd Queanbeyan Scout Group
- 1st Balmain Scout Group, 1st Oyster Bay Scout Group, 1st Picnic Point Scout Group
- 1st Allambie Heights Scout Group, 1st Bayview Scout Group, 1st Berowra Scout Group, 1st Collaroy Plateau Scout Group, 1st East Roseville Scout Group, 1st Elanora Heights Scout Group, 1st Mona Vale Scout Group, 1st Northbridge Scout Group, 1st Sailors Bay Scout Group, 2nd Gordon Scout Group, Beecroft Scout Group, Brookvale/Curl Curl Scout Group, Epping Scout Group, Killarney Heights Scout Group, Normanhurst Scout Group
- 1st Dubbo Scout Group, 3rd Orange Scout Group, 3rd Bathurst (All Saints Cathedral) Rover Unit, The Golden West Rover Unit
Up Next (Marked in Orange)
- 1st Canley Heights Scout Group, 1st Chipping Norton Scout Group, 1st Sefton Scout Group
- 1st Brunswick Heads Scout Group
- 1st Austinmer Scout Group, 1st Keiraville Scout Group, 1st West Wollongong Scout Group
- 1st Alexandria Scout Group, 1st Lilli Pilli Scout Group, 1st Oatley Bay Scout Group