The Nominations Committee is seeking one (1) under 30 years of age committee member.
Reporting to the Scouts NSW Board of Directors, the Nominations Committee provides advice to the Board on processes associated with the election of Directors (Non-Executive and Ex-Officio), nomination of Life Councillors, recruitment of Branch Chief Commissioner, recruitment of Branch Chief Executive Officer.
Scouts NSW recognises and respects the World Scout Youth Involvement Policy to promote inclusion of young people as members. As such, we are seeking to appoint an under 30 years of age member. Candidates must be aged 18 years or older, hold a current Working With Children Check and consent to a police check and background checks.
To be considered for an under 30 years of age position, candidates must:
- Be a current member of Scouts NSW
- Be under 30 years of age at the beginning of their appointment
- Ideally have experience or an interest in in the work of the respective Committee
- Be committed to putting time and effort into the role.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Knowledge and experience (or working towards qualifications) in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or experience in the recruitment environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Commitment to putting time and effort into the role
- Available to attend committee meetings (either in person or by video conference) when required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personal information, probity and transparency is imperative.
The Nominations Committee Member role is an honorary appointment for 3 years.
Committee members are required to attend a monthly meeting (either in person or by video conference) and may be required to attend additional meetings as deemed necessary or assist on working groups as required.
To apply, you will be required to provide a short statement of up to 250 words outlining why you wish to undertake this role, detail relevant experience or skills that you will bring to the role, and provide a copy of your resume.
Any questions can be directed to the Scouts NSW Chief Executive Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to complete and submit your nomination form.
Applications close 11 January 2021.