The Corroboree is a five day standing camp run by Hunter & Coastal Region for Scouts. It is being held at Tocal Agricultural College in the Hunter Valley. The camp is based on the patrol system with Troops camping Jamboree style across several sub-camps, with Scouts and Leaders being fully catered for.
Hunter and Coastal Troops are to be formed on a district basis, using Jamboree style dining areas, using patrol tents for Scouts. Scouts from other Regions will be formed into Patrols and buddied-up with Hunter & Coastal Troops to experience the Corroboree Camp.
Activities will commence on Thursday 18 January, and will include exciting bases and commercial activites, as well as a Bivouac overnight hike, where Scouts will bring a day pack, small tarp and poles to sleep in their Hutchie.
Venturers are also invited to attend Corroboree as helpers on the Venturer base activity. They will camp (in hike tents) and eat at the Venturer sub-camp.
Interested? APPLY NOW!
- August 2017: Applications open online
- 26 November 2017: Applications Close online
- 3 December 2017: Deadline for Application forms to the Hunter & Coastal Region Office
- 16 January 2018: Activity & District Leaders move in for Corroboree
- 17 January 2018: Scouts & Leaders move in for Corroboree
- 21 January 2018: Corroboree finishes
- $230.00 for Scouts
- $190.00 for Leaders, Rovers & Venturers.
- $150.00 for Leader weekend only attendance
All Scouts and Leaders are required to register on-line via the ‘Patroltent’ Website.
Applications opened early August 2017. It goes without saying that all Scouts & Leaders must be registered members as recorded on the Scoutlink system, as current members to attend Corroboree.
Once Scouts & Leaders register online, the application document will need to be printed. The completed application form is to be given to your Scout Leader who will sign the form, then collectively forwarded to:
H&C Region Office
PO Box 191
Wallsend NSW 2287
Region Commissioner – Scouts
Hunter & Coastal Region
Ph: 0431 376 259