The State Government has today, Wednesday 23 June, introduced new restrictions due to the rise in COVID numbers in Sydney. This information is outlined on the NSW Health website.
These restrictions will have obvious impacts on Scouting activity and the advice is as follows:
Training Courses: Because of the rapid development with this outbreak and uncertainties surrounding the next few days, the decision has been made to cancel the following three State-run courses:
- Scouting Adventure Course – 1st Toongabbie
- Scouting Essentials Course – 2nd Northmead
- Scouting Essentials Course – Heathcote Scout Camp
Participants will be contacted with details of rescheduled training dates.
Organisers of any other courses planned for the next week are recommended to review the State government restrictions and act accordingly.
Gang Shows: At the time of writing, Hornsby Gang Show will proceed. However, due to the fast changing situation, please monitor the Gang Show website for updates.
Scouting Activities: We recommend that the organisers of all other Scouting activities (for at least one week from 23 June) follow these guidelines –
- If participants live or work in one of the listed LGA areas, they cannot travel to Scout activities outside of the Sydney metropolitan area (in line with the government restrictions)
- All Scouting activities in Greater Sydney, the Central Coast, Blue Mts, Wollongong and Shellharbour need to follow key advice with regards to mask wearing and the four square metre rule.
We recommend that leaders and participants regularly check the NSW Health advice as it may change at short notice.