Scouts NSW assistance packages for bush fire and drought-affected Groups.
Our aim is to help our Scouts, families and Groups who are severely impacted by prolonged drought and the recent bush fires stay connected to the Scouting family by providing practical and emotional support with fees, uniforms, equipment, mental health first-aid training and Scouting activities. Also, to assist Scout Groups which have lost uninsured equipment rebuild to attain their optimum capability.
Purpose of the Form
To gather sufficient information to allow the Trust Management Committee to assess the needs of the applicants and recommend accordingly for those who qualify.
Who is Eligible?
- Individuals and families who are currently members of Scouts NSW can apply for one-off assistance under the current scheme.
- Scout Groups, Districts or Regions in drought/bush fire affected areas.
- 2020 Branch and Group membership fees.
- Replacement of the current Scout uniform and badges.
- Replacement of camping equipment, medallions, Adult Service Awards and Recognition Awards, where possible.
- Provision of new, appropriate Group equipment.
- Provision of new, appropriate equipment for Scout Camps directly impacted by the 2019/2020 bushfires.
- Provision of Mental Health First-aid training for Leaders/Rovers and Supporters in affected areas.
- Fee assistance for Youths/Volunteer Leaders from affected areas who might wish to attend Group, District, Region, State or eastern seaboard National Events within the next 12 months up to 31 January 2021.
- Projects to assist the recovery of Scouting families, the broader community, wild life and vegetation
- Assist in a limited way, community projects for the rebuilding of particular community assets.
Other items or requests made by eligible families and groups deemed appropriate by the Chief Commissioner and Trust Management Committee.
Closing Date: 31 January 2021
For assistance with this application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.