The State Commissioner (Adult Training & Development) is the volunteer member responsible to the Assistant Chief Commissioner (ACC) Adults In Scouting (AIS) for leading the Adult Training & Development team across NSW. The SC AT&D is focused on providing training and development outcomes to members, as part of a broader culture of member capability and skills benchmarking, especially to support the Youth Program and the delivery of adventurous activities.
Key responsibilities include:
– Developing the capabilities within the training team to deliver training in line with the goals of Adult Training and Development
– Developing training programs that engage with our youth in a meaningful way, creating an environment for learning where youth is at the centre of what we do
– Providing skill development opportunities for leaders
– Facilitating programs that identify and implement the ‘Youth Leading, Adult Supporting’ principle in our training program, entrenching the principle of continuous youth engagement to our newest and longest serving Leaders alike
– Managing a budget the delivery of training, in conjunction with the Training staff
This position is open to any member or supporter who has an associated area of expertise or interest and who believes they can make a positive difference to Scouting in NSW.
Read more about the State Commissioner (Adult Training & Development).
Submit your Expression Of Interest by 21 March 2021.