The State Commissioner (International) is a member of the Educational Support team within the Youth Program and Support portfolio and has a specific focus on helping adult and youth members achieve the best possible International program and outcomes, making the most of International opportunities.
The State Commissioner (International) develops and implements an approach to maximise youth involvement in Scouts International Student Exchange Program (SISEP), International Friendship Tours, JOTA / JOTI (Jamboree of the Air / Jamboree of the Internet) and Pen-Pal Programs, as well as promoting international events and an international experience to youth and adult members.
Key responsibilities include:
– Overseeing the support of the International areas of the Program across the State
– Provide age-specific International support and resources to the Regions, Groups and Units
– Working to identify opportunities for recruitment and retention of members
– Administering the SISEP program within NSW
– Co-ordinating Messengers of Peace opportunities
– Assisting with the governance of the Branch Friendship Tours
– Ensuring Scouts NSW website information that relates to International and outcomes is correct and reviewed regularly
This position is open to any member or supporter who has an associated area of expertise or interest and who believes they can make a positive difference to Scouting in NSW.
Read more about the State Commissioner (International) .
Submit your Expression Of Interest by 21 March 2021.