The State Commissioner (Vocational Education and Training) is the volunteer member responsible to the Assistant Chief Commissioner (ACC) Adults In Scouting (AIS) for working jointly with the SC AT&D and with the salaried Training staff team to identify opportunities to support staff who wish to formalise vocational education and other recognised skills and learnings.
Key responsibilities include:
– Continuously building members’ interest in externally recognised qualifications
– Working with Region-based AT&D members to identify members with interest in external qualifications, or to create that interest
– Promoting and developing the VET qualifications available for Scouts NSW members to achieve
– Ensuring Scouts NSW website information that relates to VET courses and outcomes is correct and reviewed regularly
– Monitoring student compliance and successful completion of programs (Cert II, III, IV and Diploma)
This position is open to any member or supporter who has an associated area of expertise or interest and who believes they can make a positive difference to Scouting in NSW.
Read more about the State Commissioner (Vocational Education & Training).
Submit your Expression Of Interest by 21 March 2021.