The State Commissioner (Youth Empowerment) is the volunteer member responsible to the Assistant Chief Commissioner (Youth Engagement) for creating and nurturing opportunities for young people in Scouting to develop a Scouting career.
Key responsibilities include:
– Creating opportunities for youth members to be more visible in the decision-making in Scouting in NSW
– Identifying opportunities for recruitment and retention of members
– Promoting Peak Awards and supporting them at a State level
– Assisting in the development and successful implementation of the new leadership course, You+Lead
– Working closely with the State Youth Council and Region Youth Councils to increase the level of empowerment in members under the age of 30
This position is open to any member or supporter who has an associated area of expertise or interest and who believes they can make a positive difference to Scouting in NSW.
Read more about the State Commissioner (Youth Empowerment).
Submit your Expression Of Interest by 21 March 2021.