• Candidates must hold Scout membership and be under 30 years of age
• Experience or an interest in a financial field is essential
The Scouts Australia NSW State Finance Committee (SFC) is seeking to appoint a passionate and experienced new member to assist with the organisation’s financial strategy and decision making.
Reporting to the Scouts NSW Board of Directors, the SFC is responsible for – but not limited to – overseeing budget preparation, expenditure approval, policy setting and financial reporting.
Our ideal candidate will have knowledge, experience, or a keen interest in a financial and/or accounting setting, with the time and patience to review and form opinions on financial matters/issues affecting the organisation.
This is an honorary appointment for 3 years. Committee members attend (either in person or by teleconference) a monthly meeting. You will also be expected to attend 80% of monthly meetings held at the Scouts NSW State Office, and may be required to attend additional meetings as deemed necessary.
- Must hold Scout membership and be under 30 years of age
- Experience or a strong interest in a finance or accounting role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- The ability to assess and solve problems in a timely and effective manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Commitment to putting time and effort into the role
- Candidates must be able to attend 80% of all committee meetings.
Applications close 31 March 2017.