The State Leader (Better World) is a member of the Educational Support team within the Youth Program and Support portfolio, responsible for promoting a Better World focus in Scouting.
The State Leader (Better World) works jointly with Better World Leads and Scouts NSW staff to identify opportunities for member recruitment and retention and liaises with Messengers of Peace to help youth members be involved with program and outcomes for a better world.
Key responsibilities include:
– Overseeing the support of the Better World Program areas of the Youth Program across the State
– Providing age-specific Better World support and resources to the Regions, Groups and Units
– Facilitating workshops to adults and youth members on the areas of Better World
– Building a community of champions (adult and youth) to promote and support Better World activities
– Identifying non-members or organisations who can contribute to providing resources, support or training for Better World activities within Scouting.
This position is open to any member or supporter who has an associated area of expertise or interest and who believes they can make a positive difference to Scouting in NSW.
Read more about the State Leader (Better World).
Submit your Expression Of Interest.