Whether you’re a seasoned Scout looking to learn new skills and continue Scouting fun at home, or not a Scout at all, you can take part in our Weekly Challenge!
Each week, we’ll introduce a new set of five new challenges for you to complete – each based on the following Challenge Areas.
- Download a Score Card to keep track of your progress.
- Complete the challenges set out each week.
- When you’ve finished your challenge(s) for the week, fill in the form below to log your activities. Note - you only need to complete at least one of the challenges!
- You'll receive an email with a certificate and snazzy virtual badge to show your friends!
Number of People: One
It’s time to plan your party, but not how you usually would. Throughout life you have to be wise, especially with your money, so it’s time to start learning about the difference between needs and wants. It’s party time, but with a budget.
- Visit the Australian Government’s Money Smart website here and read the instructions to plan your party. The website is easy to follow and will ask you questions around the type of party you will have and how many people will come.
- Think about what you will need at your party and what you might want. This will help you decide on how you will manage your money.
- Take a screenshot of what you spent your money on.
- Compare with friends!
This task was designed to help you understand the real-world decisions people have to make every day when managing their money. Balancing needs and wants can be a real struggle sometimes. How did you find making decisions and keeping within budget? How can you use these skills in real life, such as when using your pocket money?
A Note on Safety...
If you are aged 18 years or under, you must have your parent's permission or supervision before you begin any activity.
As always, be sure to abide by the Scout Promise, whether engaging in online conversations through email, virtual conversations with other Scouts or on social media, and by phone.
Previous Weekly Challenges
Want to dive into one of our previous Weekly Challenges? Find the challenges, and all supporting materials below.