Scouts NSW Board of Directors is seeking to appoint enthusiastic, passionate and experienced committee members to the following Board Committee:
Candidates must be aged 18 years or older, hold a current Working With Children Check and consent to a police check and background checks. Candidates do not need to be a current member of Scouts NSW.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Committee members are expected to prepare adequately, attend and participate in Committee meetings, either in person or by teleconference.
The role of a Committee Member is an honorary appointment for a period of three (3) years.
Scouts NSW recognises and respects the World Scout Youth Involvement Policy to promote inclusion of young people as members. As such, we are seeking to appoint members under 30 years of age.
To be considered for an under 30 years of age position, candidates must:
- Be a current member of Scouts NSW
- Be under 30 years of age at the beginning of their appointment
- Ideally have experience or an interest in in the work of the respective Committee
- Commitment to putting time and effort into the role.
The Role: Nominations Committee
The Nominations Committee is seeking one (1) committee member for the under 30 years of age position.
Reporting to the Scouts NSW Board of Directors, the Nominations Committee provides advice to the Board on processes associated with the election of Directors (Non-Executive and Ex-Officio), nomination of Life Councillors, recruitment of Branch Chief Commissioner, recruitment of Branch Chief Executive Officer.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Knowledge and experience (or working towards qualifications) in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or experience in the recruitment environment
- Available to attend committee meetings (either in person or by video conference) when required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personal information, probity and transparency is imperative.
If you would like further information on the Committee role or application process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Candidates will be required to:
- provide a short statement of up to 250 words outlining why you wish to undertake this role,
- detail relevant experience or skills that you will bring to the role, and
- provide a copy of your resume.
To submit your application, click on the link above for the Committee position you would like to apply for. Applications close 31 March 2021.