For those Youth Members currently undertaking their final steps towards achieving their Peak Award, COVID-19 poses some significant challenges. We know how much time, energy and dedication our youth members have committed to the completion of their Peak Awards.
Below are outlines of the modifications to be made to ensure no Youth Member is disadvantaged in completing their Peak Award, whilst we adhere to Federal, State or Territory Government social distancing policies.
- Current modifications remain in place until the September/October School Holidays
- Pre-modification processes can begin now with some additional common sense adaptations.
- When completing Leadership Activities, 4 sqm requirements must be managed for gatherings etc.
- Members from any current HOT SPOTS should NOT commence pre-modification processes and remain under the ‘COVID Modifications Documents’
- Single Tent per person – Journey Party should carry minimum 2 tents. Adult Supervising Party should arrive at overnight areas with additional tents.
- No sharing of food.
- Adequate washing and sanitisation items carried and replenished each night.
- Physical distancing to occur where safe during the journey.
When youth members are sick, or have been unwell in the past 14 days, they should not participate in the journey.
- No youth should be disadvantaged because of this and common sense approaches in-light of COVID Modifications should take place.
Modifications to the Peak Award Requirements for each Section:
- 01. Joey Scouts Scouting@Home Peak Award Requirements
- 02. Cub Scouts Scouting@Home Peak Award Requirements
- 03. Scouts Scouting@Home Peak Award Requirements
- 04. Venturer Scouts Scouting@Home Peak Award Requirements
- 05. Rover Scouts Scouting@Home Peak Award Requirements