Scouts NSW are recruiting for a Commercial Manager who has specific experience in the Outdoor Recreation industry.
The role’s primary focus is on managing the three major state Activity Centres of Scouts NSW being Cataract Scout Park (Appin), Baden Powell Scout Centre (Pennant Hills) and the Alpine Centre (Jindabyne).
The role supervises a small dedicated team in each Centre and is responsible for operational and financial management of the Centres. The role reports to the Chief Operating Officer. This role is a 12-month fixed term contract with a possibility of extension.
Key areas of responsibility for the role are:
- Strategic and operational planning
- Improvement of Centre utilisation and revenue
- Staff management and leadership
- Development of activity centre infrastructure
In addition to qualifications in Outdoor Recreation, the person will need to have specific and demonstrable attributes and experience as follows:
- Five years’ experience in Outdoor Recreation
- Operational management
- Leadership and staff management experience
- Business Development Experience
- An exposure to strategic issues, development of business plans and capex business cases
- Commercial negotiation experience is desirable
Applications close 15 October 2019.
To view a copy of the Position Description, click here.
Please ensure you apply with a cover letter and a resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.