The Scouts NSW COVID-19 Task Force reviewed the recommendations put forward by the Chief Health Officer about Community Sport and to discuss their impact on Scouting. The purpose of the updated recommendations is to help meet the NSW Government’s aim of achieving no community transmission in NSW.
The principle is to restrict activities to local ones to avoid inter-mingling and potential community transmission.
Based on the information available, the following arrangements will be in place for our Scout Groups and Rover Units until at least Friday 25 September 2020:
- Day activities should be Section, Group or Unit based where possible.
- Day activities within a 20 km radius of the Scout Hall or regular meeting place can proceed within the normal guidelines for Scouting in NSW, as well as any COVID-19 guidelines in place. Day activities scheduled to take place greater than a 20 km radius must be submitted and approved by the Region Commissioner using the new Day Activities Request for Provisional Approval form created and used for this purpose.
- District based day activities are also allowable within a 20 km radius of the District boundary. District activities that take place at a distance greater than 20 km of the District boundary will need approval from the Region Commissioner through the Day Activities Request for Provisional Approval form.
- Day activities managed by Region Teams should focus on delivery to a local Group or District. e. a Cub Leadership course that draws on participants from across Districts or the Region and/or include participants from other Regions should reconsider how it can be run with more localised participants or even run virtually. As local situations can change rapidly, submissions for day activities will be approved on a provisional basis only. Leaders need to monitor NSW Health COVID-19 case locations and other announcements in the lead up to the day, and be ready to reverse or amend plans if needed.
- Remember, the Maximum 20 rule applies to all outdoor and indoor activities as do all other COVID-19 requirements.
Read the latest Scouts NSW updates in relation to COVID-19 and its impact on Scouting activities here.
View the Scouting Guide to Coronavirus page here.