Scouts NSW is on the lookout for a Director – Health, Safety & Well-being to join its team for the Australian Jamboree 2022.
The ideal candidate would provide leadership and guidance to a team of people as selected by the incumbent and approved by the NSW Contingent Leader to facilitate the success of the NSW Contingent attending the 26th Australian Jamboree.
The successful applicant for the voluntary role will focus and lead the appointed Health, Safety & Well-being Team to deliver the activity in accordance with all State policies and procedures. This Team is empowered to support the program of Scouting through running a high quality, engaging event that grows or at least maintains momentum.
Specific duties of the Position
- Build and lead an experienced team of volunteers involved in the effective management, development and delivery of the Operations directorate for the NSW Contingent to AJ2022.
- Develop and maintain productive communication channels within the Branch and externally to ensure customer needs are anticipated, supported and delivered.
- Effectively resolve problems and disputes as they arise.
- Identify and develop aspiring and potential young leaders as future senior leaders in the Movement.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Government laws and regulations that will apply to the Jamboree. Where required, meet with and actively communicate with any Government and
other applicable authorities and agencies.
- Identify and Manage Risks relevant to the event.
Applications for this role will close 5pm Sunday June 30th.