- Start your marketing and communications career
- Immediate Start
- Short Term Contract/ 28 hours per week
Are you looking for an opportunity to start your marketing and communications career? Scouts NSW is looking for a highly motivated individual to help us deliver a range of communication and marketing campaigns. Reporting directly to the Marketing and Communications Manager, you will be part of our vibrant, energetic team, and contribute to the overall marketing and communications strategy for the organisation including our social and digital platforms.
This position is open to applicants with a degree in marketing or communications or relevant industry experience.
About Scouts NSW
Scouts NSW provides young people aged 5 to 25 with fun and challenging opportunities to grow through adventure.
At Scouts NSW, the needs of young people are placed first. Our youth-led, adult supported approach ensures our youth members are always at the forefront of our program and gives them the platform to take a constructive place in society as responsible citizens and as members of their local, national and international communities.
Scouts NSW is committed to operating as a child-safe organisation and implementing child safe policies and practices in accordance with the elements of creating a child-safe institution.
Key Duties of the Role:
- Support the Communications and Marketing Manager with the implementation of media strategies and management of communication channels including web (internet and intranet), social media and email;
- Act as an interface to effectively handle general enquiries relating to communication and marketing matters
- Assist the Communications and Marketing Department in the production of timely and high-quality publications
- Provide general support to the Communications and Marketing Manager and communications staff including logistical support, administrative tasks and assistance;
- Assist the Communications and Marketing Manager with the production and management of resources and materials to market and promote Scouting at the local level;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in communications, marketing, and/or public relations or a minimum of 1 year experience in the field.
- Experience or competence in copyrighting and editing written materials;
- Demonstrated computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Office and WordPress CMS;
- Ability to provide high-quality administrative support and assistance to team members;
- A valid NSW Employee Working With Children Check
- Strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to interact professionally with the media, other organisations and the public
- Strong interpersonal skills and outgoing personality
- Strong organisational skills, a demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Ability to exercise high levels of autonomy, while at the same time working effectively in a team-based environment that is outcomes-focused
Part-Time – Short Term Contract – 28 hours per week
Salary: $50,000 pro rata plus superannuation
- Download the Position Description or email email@example.com for a copy.
- Send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be processed upon receipt and the successful candidate may be able to start immediately. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.