The requirements are actually very similar to the expected duty of care for many recreational activities. However where work is involved, it is specifically covered by the law. Where there is a sufficient health and safety risk, you should document it.
- Consult with your workers about health & safety
- Consider the safety of all workers – as well as any contractors, and members of the public.
- Maintain the area and facilities in a safe condition
- Provide a site induction and confirm other skills
- Assess the risk of the activity, as well as site specific risks. Remove or minimise the risks.
- Make sure emergency and first aid arrangements are in place
- Follow the relevant WHS Procedure and complete any required Forms, e.g. inspection checklist, mower pre-start checklist.