The process for the online Youth Membership Application Form (Y1) is detailed below:
- Step 1: Group Leader downloads the customisable ‘Become a Youth Member’ flyer template, edits the template with the Scout Group’s details and distributes the flyer to each Section Leader.
- Step 2: Section Leaders distribute the ‘Become a Youth Member’ flyer to each prospective member’s parent/primary carer, directing them to the Youth Member Application Form (Y1) on the Scouts NSW website.
- Step 3: The prospective member’s parent/primary carer completes the online Y1 Form.
- Step 4: A copy of the completed Y1 Form is emailed to the parent/primary carer, Region Office and Group Leader. This copy of the form is UNENDORSED.
- Step 5: The Group Leader opens the email notification and assesses the (unendorsed) Y1 Form.
- Step 6: The Group Leader returns to the email notification and clicks the hyperlink to the Online Endorsement Form.
- Step 7: The Group Leader completes the Online Endorsement Form to endorse the applicant.
- Step 8: The Region Office receives a copy of the ENDORSED Y1 Form for processing.