The Young Leader Development program requires participants to complete the program within a 12-month period. After completion, participants can choose to undertake further training to become an Adventurous Activity Leader.
Participants who choose the individual pathway can begin training after they have been accepted and a sponsor formation Group has been organised. For participants who choose the team pathway, intakes commence every quarter, starting in July 2019. The following intakes will commence in October 2019, January 2020 and April 2020.
Funding assistance will be provided for successful participants by their sponsor formation group. This will be in the form of:
- Transportation costs to and from a residential course
- All costs charged by the residential courses
- Transportation costs to and from e-Learning workshops
- All costs charged by the e-Learning workshops
- Membership fees will be covered
- Accommodation for all courses will be covered
- Catering for all courses will be covered