To apply for the Young Leader Development Program, you need to meet the minimum criteria:
- Be 17 years of age at the time of your first residential course
- Be no more than 25 years of age at the time of your first residential course
- Have a sponsor formation willing to assist you with your in-service training. Please note, new members will be placed with a local Scout Group with a mentor for on-the-job training.
- Be able to complete all E-Learning and residency courses within 12 months
- Current members require a written endorsement from your current section leader to join the program or equivalent peer
- New members and current members are eligible to apply. However, please note, it is strongly suggested that Venturers who are sitting their HSC and attempting their Queen’s Scout award defer joining the program until after they have completed their HSC.