Welcome to the brand new Scouts NSW website!
The Scouts NSW website has been structured to ensure it is simple and intuitive to navigate, and that all information on how to get started at Scouts or make the most of your Scouting journey, either as a youth or adult member or supporter, is just a few clicks away.
This page contains everything you need to know about the website, including how to get the best experience and how to access the information and resources you are looking for. We have developed a series of Screen Capture Tours and FAQs to get you started. If you have any further questions, or would like to submit your feedback, click here.
Screen Capture Tours
Screen Capture Tours provide a step-by-step visual guide on how to access relevant resources and information on the website.
- State Forms
- Training and Activities
- Scouts Recycling Scheme
- Policies and Procedures
- Marketing and Promotional Material Orders
- Leader Support Guides
- Insurance Information
- Membership Information
- Reporting Child Protection Matters
- Reporting Behavioural Management Matters and Breaches of the Code of Conduct
- Reporting Incidents or Accidents (WHS and Health Matters)
- Training Team -Document Management
1. I have bookmarks set up on my computer and mobile browser to direct me to certain pages of the Scouts NSW website. Will I be able to access these pages through the bookmarks now that the new website is up?
While we have set up redirects to the new website, it is possible some of your bookmarked links may no longer work as expected. If you encounter errors following a bookmarked link, please go to our website, re-find the page and update your bookmarks. Our Screen Capture Tours can help you navigate your way.
2. Where can I send my feedback on the new website?
You can send your feedback on the website by filling in the Feedback form here.
3. Is there somewhere I can submit issues I experience with the new website?
Yes. We have set up a feedback form where visitors can send us any issues or thoughts they have on the new website. Submit your feedback here.
4. Where are all the State Forms located?
All Scouts NSW State Forms are located in the Members Services section of the website. View State Forms here. All forms marked as Adobe documents are compatible with Adobe Reader only. Please download the required form and save it to your computer to complete.
5. Which web browsers does the new website support?
The Scouts NSW website is cross-browser and platform compatible. It can be viewed and used on Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
6. Which devices can I view the website on?
The Scouts NSW website can be accessed on desktop computers, mobile phones and tablets.
7. I can’t find the page I’m looking for. Where can I get help?
We have developed a series of Screen Capture Tours to assist visitors in navigating their way through the website. If there is a certain page you are unable to locate, please send us a message by filling in the Feedback form here.
8. Why can’t I see my Group’s Scout Hall in the “Hire a Scout Hall” tool?
The venue information for the Halls and Campsites Search on our website is well populated and comes directly from ScoutLink. While we have migrated most of the information currently on our website to the Venue area in ScoutLink, there are a number of Scout Halls that have missing information – particularly contact information of the hall or booking officer.
The website will only display halls for hire that contain the minimum data requirement in ScoutLink. If your Group’s Scout Hall is not displayed, this means the minimum data required for listing has not been met. Please contact your Group Leader/Leader In Charge and/or Formation Administration Officer to update the contact name, contact email or phone number of the Hall Booking Officer on ScoutLink. If you are a Group Leader/Leader In Charge and/or Formation Administration Officer, you can update these details by following this guide.
9. The contact details and/or meeting times listed for my Group or Section are no longer correct or are not showing. Why is this the case, and how can I update them?
The information in Group Search is well populated and will come directly from the information in ScoutLink. This will make updates simple and will reflect new information on a regular basis.
Please contact your Group Leader/Leader In Charge and/or Formation Administration Officer to update relevant details including contact details and Section meeting times on ScoutLink. If you are a Group Leader/Leader In Charge and/or Formation Administration Officer, you can update these details by following this guide.
Please note that finder information is not drawn as live data from ScoutLink, and updates made on ScoutLink will not be reflected immediately on the website. Group data will be updated on the website on a regular basis.
10. The details listed for my Group Hall are no longer correct. How can I update them?
The venue information for the Halls and Campsites Search on our website is well populated and comes directly from ScoutLink.
Please contact your Group Leader/Leader In Charge and/or Formation Administration Officer to update Venue details ScoutLink. If you are a Group Leader/Leader In Charge and/or Formation Administration Officer, you can update these details by following this guide.
Please note that finder information is not drawn as live data from ScoutLink, and updates made on ScoutLink will not be reflected immediately on the website. Venue data will be updated on the website on a regular basis.
11. I am trying to find a Scout Hall, Campsite and/or Activity Centre but the one I am after is not showing. Why is this the case, and how can I use the Finder tool more effectively?
Our Hall, Campsite and Activity Centre Finder tools are interactive and are designed to display venues in the order of their proximity to the user’s current location, or another desired location. Some venues may not display after a search because they are not within the specified search radius.
To widen your search, type in your location (or desired location) and use the drop down boxes to select a larger search radius (the larger the distance, the more results).
12. How do I make text appear larger or smaller?
Adjusting text size to suit your preferences is done by simply by clicking the A- and A+ buttons in the top right-hand-corner.
13. How do I contact Scouts NSW?
Send us an online enquiry here, or contact our State Office on 02 9735 9000.
14. Where can I find Policies and other resources?
Policies, Procedures, Fact Sheets, Leader Support Guides and other resources are found in the Members Services section of the website here.
15. How do I create a Scouts NSW shortcut on my phone?
For iPhone, go to www.nsw.scouts.com.au in your Safari browser. Tap on the Share button at the bottom of the screen. Tap Add to Home Screen. You can then edit the name of the icon, press Add in the top right corner.
For Android, go to www.nsw.scouts.com.au in your Internet browser. Tap the right hand side of your device to show the settings, tap on Add shortcut to Home Screen.